AJ Vaynerchuk and Michael Lombardi speak — and we listen. In this is unique SportsEpreneur podcast episode we get to hear Vaynerchuck, Lombardi, and host Michael Elkins go deep inside the business of the NFL.
AJ Vaynerchuk is the co-founder of the athlete representation firm VaynerSports. He is also the former COO of VaynerMedia, led by his brother Gary Vaynerchuk.
Michael Lombardi is an NFL Insider for The Athletic. Since the mid-1980s. Lombardi has been an executive in the front offices of the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, Philadephia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders.
Michael Elkins is the founder of MLE Law Firm and a podcast host.
This episode is in conjunction with the Wharton School of Business Alumni Association.
In this episode, AJ Vaynerchuk and Mike Lombardi discuss common business issues such as building culture, identifying needs versus wants, and contract negotiation.
Thank you to Michael Elkins for hosting such an insightful conversation. We hope you enjoy this business of the NFL podcast episode with AJ Vaynerchuk, Michael Lombardi, and Michael Elkins. Be sure to review and subscribe to this podcast so more people like you can check it out. Thank you!
Want to collaborate with the SportsEpreneur team? Visit: https://sportsepreneur.com/sports-content-marketing/
Inside the Business of the NFL with AJ Vaynerchuk and Michael Lombardi, and Michael Elkins
Introductions of the Panelists: AJ Vaynerchuk and Michael Lombardi
NFL Free Agency and Inside the Salary Cap
The Art of Player Evaluations
The Team Side of Building an NFL Team with Michael Lombardi
The Agency Side of the NFL with AJ Vaynerchuk of VaynerSports
How to Use Data to Your Favor
Culture Building in the NFL
Ths Business of College Football vs NFL Football
Salary Cap Issues in the NFL
Why Teams Hire Young Coaches
The Importance of Owning and Learning from Mistakes
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links and notes:
- MLE Law
- Michael Lombardi
- The Wharton School of Business | South Florida Club
- The Athletic
- Chron’s and Colitis Foundation
Connect with us:
- Michael Lombardi: Twitter, LinkedIn
- AJ Vaynerchuk: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Michael Elkins: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Thank you for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast episode all about the business of the NFL.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content creation and marketing.
- We hope you will Follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you take in your podcasts.
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports and entrepreneurship collide!