Join us on the Athlete Mindset podcast as Lisa Bonta Sumii appears as a guest on Culture in Action presented by WISL – Women’s Independent Soccer League. In this episode Culture in Action host, Alexa Doebler, learns more from Lisa about mental health & wellness in the sports ecosystem, how leaders in the sports industry can support positive mental health practices for their athletes, and how we can shift the view on understanding mental health. Lisa provides a clear distinction between mental health and mental illness. Lisa also defines mental health as how we think, feel, and behave.
Conversation list from “Understanding Mental Health | Culture in Action Podcast”:
(a quick ask: a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify goes a long way)
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | Athlete Mindset podcast host:
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
Alexa Doebler | Culture in Action Host:
Alexa Doebler is a host of the Culture in Action podcast and a Director of Culture & Education at WISL. Alexa is working to create more opportunities in Women’s Professional Soccer and is creating an environment that uplifts and empowers.
- Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network | looking to start a podcast or join a network: https://kazsource.com
- Presented by SE: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports: https://sportse.io
- content brings people together: https://kazcm.com
Social media and more:
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | AthMindset website
- Alexa Doebler : LinkedIn
- Women’s Independent Soccer League (WISL): Website | Twitter
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
Related episodes to mental health and wellness:
- NFLPA Director Of Player Wellness | Amber Cargill, PsyD
- Sport Psychology Mentor And Leader, Dr. Kensa Gunter
- Michelle Alozie: Navigating The Challenges Of College And Professional Soccer
Two current projects:
- We published a book! Check it out on Amazon: Altered State of Affairs
- Short-form video production: https://kazcm.com/tiktok-agency