All about athletic trainers, specifically the amazing athletic trainers at Cal State University Bakersfield (CSUB). In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with both Jessie Rogge and Kevin Williams to discuss CSUB Sports Medicine and more.
Sports medicine topics explored:
- becoming an athletic trainer
- what’s the focus of an athletic trainer
- sports medicine
- the importance of mental health
- day in the life of an athletic trainer
- CSUB Athletics
Jessie Rogge is an Associate Athletic Trainer at CSU- Bakersfield. She works primarily with Women’s volleyball/beach volleyball, Women’s basketball, and Men’s and Women’s Swim and Dive. In addition to that, she has administrative duties such as Mental Health coordinator and insurance coordinator. Jessie received her bachelor’s from Iowa State University and her master’s from San Jose State University. She is currently pursuing her Doctorate of Athletic Training from A.T. Still University. Originally from Minnesota, Jessie is a big sports fan including watching college hockey and gymnastics.
Kevin Williams is the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine and the Head Athletic Trainer for Men’s Soccer, Cross Country, and Softball.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- CSUB Sports & Athletics | website
- KazCM Podcast Production
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
More content on Mental Health and Training:
- Coach Chris Meadows Talks Basketball, Development, and Mindset
- Former LA Lakers Strength and Conditioning Coach Marco Nunez
- SE69 | Sports Psychology and Mental Training with Henrik Hjarsbæk
- CSUB Athletics: Twitter
- Jesse Rogge: Twitter
- Kevin Williams: LinkedIn
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “CSUB Sports Medicine + Athletic Trainers Jessie Rogge and Kevin Williams”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!