In this first of the AthMindset Podcast Series, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, chats with Betsy Cutler, M.Ed, President and CEO of Cutler Wellness Programs, LLC. Betsy and her team focus on athlete and student mental health programs for those in professional, college, and high school athletics. Lisa Bonta Sumii and Betsy Cutler talk about supporting athletes at all levels, seeing athletes as humans first, and serving the NAIA and JUCO colleges.
This is the AthMindset Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Headlines: AthMindset | Creating Mental Health Space for Athletes with Betsy Cutler and Lisa Bonta Sumii
Why Psychology for Betsy Cutler
The Intersection of Athletics and Mental Health
The Mental Health Continuum as Described by Betsy Cutler
We All Have Mental Health
The Story of the Former Coach of the North Carolina Courage (NWSL)
Mental Health Support for NAIA and JUCO Athletics
Mental Health App by Cutler Wellness Programs
You Are Not Alone
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW
- Cutler Wellness Program
- Athlete Mental Health Link (App)
- KazCM Podcast Production
- Normalizing Mental Health in Sports | SE Podcast Episode
- The Mental Health Crisis in Sports | SE Original Article
- Sports Psychology and Mental Training | Podcast Episode
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Episode on the SportsEpreneur Podcast titled, “AthMindset | Creating Mental Health Space for Athletes with Betsy Cutler”
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you take in your podcasts!
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Image of the WVU Tech Basketball Practice was taken by James Holloway under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic License
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!