College football seems to be overanalyzed more than every other sport! So what’s left to do besides analyze the analyzers?! CJ Stroud is terrible. That’s what Buckeye haters, media folks, and even some so-called gurus will have you thinking. Is it true? Is it fair? In this episode of Buckeye Focused we discuss CJ Stroud, stepping into a throw, the evolution of the quarterback position, and dealing with the outside noise.
We also get into:
- The debacle that is Iowa Football–offensively speaking. The Iowa defense is strong.
- Should Iowa fire their offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz
- Jim Tressel and his statement on leaving the program
- Are there concerns with Ohio State’s running game
- Zach Harrison and his statement game vs Iowa
- Defending a pocket passer that suddenly runs the ball
- The upcoming Penn State game (OSU -15.5 and o/u 61.5)
- Ohio State hate — why so hurtful?!
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, and the creator of this platform, SportsE+.
Topics and more for Buckeye Focused 9 | Why Do Biased Fans, Media, and Gurus Think CJ Stroud is Terrible?
- Eric’s thoughts – College Football is the most overanalyzed sport
- Ohio State vs. Iowa
- Quarterback evolution – stronger, better, more accurate | YouTube video
- Kirk Ferentz is failing Iowa’s fans, and his son Brian Ferentz should be fired: Doug Lesmerises
- Ken O’Keefe, the offensive coordinator for Iowa in 2009
- History of offensive coordinators at Iowa
- Zack Harrison
- Jordan Hancock | future starter for Ohio State
- Ohio State at Penn State
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State:
- Tribalism in Sports x Player Mindset
- Jimmie Bell: “I Got The Courage To Start Over”
- Thad Matta Interview on SE+
- Sports Media Wants Your Clicks—Especially YOU, Buckeye Fans
- Sports Bring People Together
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this SportsMatterz episode on SportsE+ titled, “Why Do Biased Fans, Media, and Gurus Think CJ Stroud is Terrible?”
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health collide!