This is the kind of conversation that has a lasting impact. Jimmie Bell (JB) has had this effect on people for years, but before he started affecting others, he had to get real himself. As a defensive lineman at Ohio State, Jimmie Bell was on the wrong track. As he said, “I was useless to the program.” And then he had a moment and now a story he shared in this episode that led to this:
“I got the courage to start over from the beginning to be who I was.”
Jimmie Bell deserves to be heard–more importantly, he needs to be heard. And we hope you will listen to what JB has to say. We promise you will be impacted by this conversation no matter your background.
While this is “Buckeye Focused”, a buckeye here and a buckeye there spawned this conversation. But this conversation goes way beyond football and buckeyes. I’ve always said “sports bring people together” and this conversation screams that.
More about Jimmie Bell:
Football: Ohio State Defensive Lineman, 1997 Rose Bowl Champion, 1999 New York Giants, 2000 San Diego Chargers
It wouldn’t be a Buckeye Focused podcast if we didn’t talk about the big game. And for this week it is the Wisconsin Badgers visiting Columbus, Ohio for a blackout game. Jimmie talks about toughness, running the football, style of play, and Big Ten football.
Jimmie Bell: OSU | UW
Nate Oliver: OSU | UW
Eric Kasimov: OSU 38 | UW 17
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. Nate is the Director of Keith B. Key Buckeye Social Entrepreneurship Program at The Ohio State University.
JB: “Consider not focusing on what I do, but use what I do to inspire YOU to do ALL YOU can do.” speaker, life and football coach, author, consultant
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, a dynamic company managing a portfolio of brands and projects in the areas of content, podcasting, production, sports, mental health, insurance, and ventures.
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State:
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 3 | Iowa Football Racial Bias Scandal | Toledo Rockets, Diauntae Morrow, Speaks Truths on Time at Iowa
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 2 | Buckeyes Beat Irish! + The Silver Bullets and The Atmosphere with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 1| Notre Dame vs Ohio State Preview, Expectations of Jim Knowles’ Defense, and Twitter Warrior of the Week with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- SE50 | Nate Oliver | Ohio State Buckeyes and Life After Football
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- SE19 | Chimdi Chekwa | Ohio State Buckeye For Real
- ClutchTimeout | Thad Matta | Championship Culture Stories
- Sports Media Wants Your Clicks—Especially YOU, Buckeye Fans
- Sports Bring People Together
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this SportsMatterz episode on SportsE+ titled, “BUCKEYE FOCUSED 3 | Iowa Football Racial Bias Scandal | Toledo Rockets, Diauntae Morrow, Speaks Truths on Time at Iowa + Bucks vs Rockets in The Shoe “.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health collide!