From almost drowning as a child to Olympic swimming gold medalist. In this episode, Eric Kasimov chats with Cullen Jones, USA Olympian, World Record Holder, and Olympic Gold Medalist.
Cullen is the first African American swimmer to hold a world record. The bottom line is Cullen is and always has been a man on a mission. Currently, he works with the Novant Health Foundation Team and as an Ambassador for the Make a Splash Initiative. Make a Splash is a national child-focused water safety campaign that gives the chance to children in America learn how to swim. Cullen is also the Founder of Sprint41 and a motivational speaker.
This is part 1 of our chat with Cullen where we sit face to face in our SportsEpreneur office. You can listen to Part 2 with Cullen Jones.
In this episode, we discuss the coronavirus, its impact on the Olympics, Cullen’s story, and his mission. And in a developing story, as of March 23, 2020, the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan has been postponed. Read it about on USA Today and MSN.
In the middle of our chat, I ran into a technical glitch. But thanks to Cullen’s kindness, understanding, and the fact we weren’t going to let a little obstacle get in our way, he joined me for a part 2 which added even more than I could have imagined.
After you listen to this episode, be sure to check out part 2 of the conversation where we discuss The Olympian mindset, training, and stories from the pool.
We are excited to feature US Olympian, Cullen Jones on the SportsEpreneur Podcast
Want to collaborate with the SportsEpreneur team? Visit: https://sportsepreneur.com/sports-marketing/
Making a Splash with USA Olympic Swimmer, Cullen Jones Headlines
The Coronavirus and It’s Impact on the 2020 Olympics
The Training Regimen of an Olympian
The Olympic Mindset
Being an African American Swimmer
How to Train for the Olympics
The Story of How Cullen Jones Almost Drowned at an Amusement Park
The Importance of a Good Support System
Make a Splash Foundation and the Cullen Jones Impact
The Importance of Pushing Yourself to Be Better
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links:
- USA Swimming
- Ryan Lochte
- 2020 Olympic Games
- International Olympic Committee
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
Connect with us:
- Thank you so much for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast episode with Cullen Jones.
- SportsEpreneur Podcast Episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content, marketing, life, and thinking. We collide it all!
- We hope you will SUBSCRIBE to the podcast.
- Image of the 2008 US Men’s Olympic Swim Team was taken by Jmex under the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike 2.0 License.
- Music, “escape” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. Come pursue amazing with us!