This is a unique Athlete Mindset episode where Lisa Bonta Sumii is the guest. And it’s all about helping athletes transition to life after sports… Athletes to Entrepreneurs.
The host for this episode is Rob Finkelstein. Rob is the CEO & Founder of Alumni Direct. And he is the host of the podcast Athletes to Entrepreneurs. We’re bringing an episode of his show to the Athlete Mindset podcast because it’s all about sports and mental health.
About the Athletes to Entrepreneurs podcast:
Athletes to Entrepreneurs is a podcast where Rob speaks with former college and professional athletes from all over the world as they share the joys, successes, failures, and lessons of their entrepreneurial journey. Hosted by Rob Finkelstein of Alumni Direct, the number-one network for alumni worldwide. Listen to the AtoE podcast.
About this episode:
A conversation about going from youth soccer player to CEO of AthMindset and host of the Athlete Mindset podcast
“The things I’m doing give me energy. I’m able to use my time more productively and intentionally when I have things I’m working on that mean a lot to me, that are my purpose, and that are meaningful.” -Lisa Bonta Sumii
Advice to current athletes about preparing for a transition out of sports.
“I find that those who have the healthiest, most positive experience transitioning out of their sport have other identities that they’ve already developed, and feel good about and proud of before they leave their sport.” -Lisa Bonta Sumii
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | Athlete Mindset podcast host:
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
Wrapping up Helping Athletes Transition to Life After Sports:
- Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network
- Presented by SportsEpreneur: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports
- content brings people together: KazCM
Social media and more:
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | AthMindset website
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- Athletes to Entrepreneurs: Podcast
- Rob Finkelstein: LinkedIn
- Alumni Direct LLC: Website
Related episodes to “Helping Athletes Transition to Life After Sports | Athletes to Entrepreneurs Podcast”:
- James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- How to Take Advantage of Your Amazing Network as an Elite Athlete
Two current projects:
- We published a book! Check it out on Amazon: Altered State of Affairs
- Short-form video production: KazCM