“To be the best, you must overcome your inner and outer opponents.” – Henrik Hjarsbæk.
Welcome to this episode of the SportsEpreneur Podcast where Eric Kasimov has an introspective conversation around soccer (football) and mental training with sports psychologist and mental trainer, Henrik Hjarsbæk.
By going to a mental trainer, you learn to deal with pressure, fear, and nervousness. You learn to perform well even when you have negative thoughts, low self-esteem, and experience disturbances. All of these training areas help you beat your opponent both on the inside and outside.
Specifically in this episode, we talk about how to apply mental training to the game, the uniqueness every footballer has on the pitch, journaling your feelings, youth soccer, the goalkeeping position, Henrik’s time playing with top football clubs in Denmark, his transition from footballer to mental trainer, and much more in this wide-ranging sports and mental training discussion.
We hope you enjoy this episode with Henrik Hjarsbæk.
Be sure to review and subscribe to this podcast so more people like you can check it out. Thank you!
Want to collaborate with the SportsEpreneur team? Visit: https://sportsepreneur.com/sports-content-marketing/
Sports Psychology and Mental Training with Henrik Hjarsbæk
Why Mentality is So Important to Henrik Hjarsbæk
Henrik Hjarsbæk’s Soccer and Mental Health Journey
How to Handle Expectations
The Mindset of a Goalkeeper
The Importance of Player Development
Focusing on the Little Things to Improve
What Does Mental Training Entail?
The Importance of Support in Youth Sports
The Mental Effect of “Hanging Up the Cleats”
Going “All In”
Denmark National Team
Soccer in the United States
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links and notes:
Connect with us:
- Thank you for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast episode all about mental training in sports.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content creation, marketing, and mindset.
- We hope you will Follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports and entrepreneurship collide!