A basketball league for the top 18-year-olds in the world? In this episode, Eric Kasimov chats with Joseph Bien-Kahn, a freelance journalist based out of Los Angeles. Eric and Joseph discuss an idea for a disruptive basketball league, content, and creativity.
Eric connected with Joe once he saw him featured in the Axios Sports Newsletter by Kendall Baker. Joe shared an idea for a basketball league called “The 18″ that immediately got Eric’s attention. In this episode, we learn more about the idea and share it with the SportsEpreneur community.
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
Disrupting College Basketball With Creative Ideas | Joseph-Bien Kahn
“The 18” by Joseph Bien-Kahn
The State of College Basketball
What the Student-Athlete Means to College Basketball
Joseph Bien-Kahn and “Big Creative Ideas”
Coming Up With Ideas Through Content Creation
The Importance of Putting Yourself Out There
The Value of Writing
Making Creative Connections
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
- The NYT Mag piece about Jim Walmsley, the great American ultra-runner
- The Tijuana baseball story
- A Playboy feature about the greatest VW Bug driver on the planet as he attempts to win his 10th Baja 1000
Other important links:
Connect with us:
- Thank you so much for listening to this SportsE+ podcast episode all about disrupting college basketball.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content creation, marketing, and life.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Music, “escape” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsE+. The place where sports and entrepreneurship collide!