In this episode of From The Players, we chat with NiJaree Canady, the dazzling pitcher for the Stanford Cardinals and the 2023 NFCA National Freshman of the Year. Not only did she lead her team to their first Women’s College World Series since 2004, but NiJaree’s incredible performance throughout the season has left fans and critics alike in awe.
But there’s more to her than just her incredible athletic prowess. NiJaree shares the moment of awe when she saw her Team USA jersey for the first time and her ambitious goals to give back to the sport that she so passionately loves.
Tune in to hear her recount her phenomenal season, her aspirations, and the journey that made her the softball icon she is today!
About NiJaree Canady
- Hometown: Topeka, Kansas
- Kansas 2023 NFCA National Freshman of the Year
- 2023 WCWS All-Tournament Team
- Participated in the Women’s College World Series for Stanford 2023
- All-Pac 12 First Team
- Two-time Kansas Softball Gatorade Player of the Year (2021, 2022)
- Member of Team USA
- Stanford player page
- NiJaree Canady, social media: Instagram | Twitter | TikTok
- Sydney Supple: Twitter | Instagram | Northwestern
- From The Players pages: SportsEpreneur | KazSource Podcast Network
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- The Sports Backdrop Podcast | Sports Science, Bullying, Sleep with Dr. Erik Korem
- Florida State Softball’s Michaela Edenfield Unveils Triumphs and Makeup Mastery
- From The Players is the property of KazSource, Inc. Presented and produced by SportsEpreneur. Part of the KazSource Podcast Network.
- Music provided by Haley Hooper | Website | Song: Love Me Anymore on Apple & Spotify
About From The Players:
From The Players exists for all of you past, present, and future players. This podcast is a place where we keep it real and hear from athletes about who they are beneath the jersey and off the field.
SE is a digital sports media brand & production company for entrepreneurs engaged in sports. If you are looking to start and manage a podcast of your own, let’s talk.