Creating more space for athletes to be better. In this episode, Eric Kasimov chats with Mel O’Connor, CEO and Founder of OKKULO training. Eric and Mel discuss taking an athlete’s training to the next level with the use of technology.
Mel and his team are dedicated to the research and development of tech-driven training systems in elite sport. OKKULO’S cutting-edge training system pioneers the innovative control of lighting to improve response times leading to enhanced performance and a tangible competitive advantage. OKKULO can help shave milliseconds off sports requiring responses to fast-moving objects (think soccer/football, baseball, tennis and other ball sports where the ball is coming at the player at high speeds). The bottom line is OKKULO is creating more space for athletes to be better.
Mark and Lee Robinson at The Modern Day GK have seen OKKULO first hand and were kind enough to introduce us to Mel. You can listen to Mark Robinson’s episode on the SportsEpreneur podcast and learn more about how OKKULO helps goalkeepers.
Learning about The Modern Day GK on LinkedIn and eventually Instagram, led to messages and conversations and a podcast. It then led to an introduction to Mel O’Connor, LinkedIn and WhatsApp messages, and now a conversation with the OKKULO Founder and CEO where we hit the record button. Content is at the core of it all. Current day social media networks are the gateway to new conversations and opportunities. And this podcast episode is all about entrepreneurship and sports science colliding.
Want to collaborate with the SportsEpreneur team? Visit: https://sportsepreneur.com/sports-content-marketing/
Want to learn about developing your content and creating opportunities for your business? Let’s chat.
OKKULO Founder on Bettering Athletes with Mel O’Connor
The Start of OKKULO
How OKKULO Works
The Power of Believing In Your Product
How Technology Plays a Role in Sports
Concerns Around Having Too Much Technology
Creating More Space for Athletes to be Better
Taking the Leap Towards Entrepreneurship with the OKKULO Founder
Content Creation and the Stories You Get to Tell
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links:
- Manchester United
- Sir Alex Ferguson | HBR
- Future of Soccer in the USA
- Kobe Bryant
- The Houston Astros Sign Stealing Scandal
- The Modern Day GK on Instagram
Connect with us:
- Thank you so much for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast episode all about entrepreneurship and sports science.
- SportsEpreneur Podcast Episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content creation, marketing, life, and thinking.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Image of Okkulo Training was provided by Mel O’Connor’s LinkedIn Page.
- Music, “escape” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports and entrepreneurship collide!