Life after graduation can be a challenging transition for anyone, especially when you add the stress of leaving your teammates. For former Oklahoma softball player Nicole Mendes, navigating this uncertain time involves discovering passions beyond the softball field.
In this episode of ‘From the Players,’ Nicole Mendes shares insights into her softball journey at Oklahoma and the pivotal role faith played in bringing their team together. She also touches on her own struggle with mental health post-graduation, how she worked to push through it, and how she is helping others do the same.
With your amplification, we can connect with more athletes around the world!
In this episode:
- Completing the NYC marathon
- Nicole pushing through her injury
- Learning how to move past failure and move on to the next thing
- Writing her own book
About Nicole Mendes:
- Nicole Mendes earned a bachelor’s degree in social influence and a master’s degree in human relations from the University of Oklahoma.
- Mendes, a standout player at Oklahoma, holds records such as a .360 batting average, 25 home runs, and 121 RBIs. She received multiple awards, including three-time selections to the Women’s College World Series All-Tournament Team.
- Mendes aspires to be an author, focusing on sharing stories of female athletes. She is also an ESPN softball analyst.
- Homeschooled with her mother as her teacher, Mendes is fluent in Sign Language due to her deaf older sister, Brittany.
- Beyond sports, Mendes participated in cheerleading, golf, and basketball. She enjoys cooking, creating recipes, and is an avid reader.
- Sydney Supple: Twitter | Instagram
- From The Players pages: SportsEpreneur | KazSource Podcast Network
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- Jayda Coleman | Three-Time National Champion and Oklahoma Sooner | From The Players with Sydney Supple: Episode 5
- Hoops and Healing with Bianca McCall, Reach-In Now
- Oklahoma Softball Three-Peat Stories with Shortstop, Grace Turk
- From The Players is the property of KazSource, Inc. Presented and produced by SportsEpreneur. Part of the KazSource Podcast Network.
- Music provided by Haley Hooper | Website | Song: Love Me Anymore on Apple & Spotify
About From The Players:
From The Players exists for all of you past, present, and future players. This podcast is a place where we keep it real and hear from athletes about who they are beneath the jersey and off the field.
SE is a digital sports media brand & production company for entrepreneurs engaged in sports. If you are looking to start and manage a podcast of your own, let’s talk.