A true leader for athletes on and off the court. In this episode, we chatted with Galen Duncan. Galen was the VP of Professional Development for the Sacramento Kings at the time this conversation took place. In this episode, we discuss NBA Super Teams and The Kings Way. Galen was previously with the Detroit Lions. And he is currently with the University of Illinois Chicago. He is the Senior Associate Athletics Director – Health, Wellness, Performance.
Galen worked with the Kings players inside the Kings Academy program with a focus on players maturing into well-rounded professionals on and off the court.
He previously was the Senior Director of Player Development for the Detroit Lions.
Galen had a lot to say about leadership and mentorship, and of course, helping others on their journey.
Galen’s success and leadership on and off the court have us excited to feature him on the SportsE+ Podcast.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links:
- Sacramento Kings
- Sacramento Bee article on Galen Duncan
- Kings.com article on Why the Kings Won’t ‘Shut Up and Dribble’
- De’Aaron Fox
- Marvin Bagley III
Connect with us:
- Thank you for listening to thisSportsE+ titled, “SE01 | Galen Duncan via the Sacramento Kings and Detroit Lions | Professional Development in Sports”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where SportsE+ = sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health = X!