Are you in a job you don’t love? Do you think you were destined for more? Do you complain about your job, but lack the financial resources to quit?
Turns out, there is something you can do about it: hustle.
Hustle while you work. Be an entrepreneur mornings, lunches, evenings, and weekends. Earn enough so you can afford to quit your job and move on. Or, keep your day job and use the side hustle to explore other interests, do work that feels more important but maybe can’t pay the bills. The side hustle is not a new idea, but I’ve been there, and I know others who have been there, and I can speak from experience.
Here’s an example:
Madison is a recruiter—and a good one. But she also has a knack for designing websites and building relationships. So what does she do? She works in the evenings and weekends on her website design business. She has no intention of leaving her day job. She has both a career she loves and a side business (side hustle) that is all hers. Need help with web design? Madison is someone to consider (MG Digital Solutions).
Not everyone can pursue the side hustle openly. A lot of companies don’t like their employees to do anything on the side. You’ll have to decide whether going for it anyway is ethical, given your situation.
The other thing to watch out for is time. Yes, you can use every waking minute to either work your main job or hustle. You’ll make more money that way. But you could also exhaust yourself, ruin your health, and never see your family. It’s a fine balance you have to strike, to make sure your side hustle adds to your life, instead of taking away from it.
The side hustle isn’t easy, and there are right ways and wrong ways to do it. But don’t make the idea of a side business seem harder than it is. Just getting started is half the battle. So get going and start hustling.
3 Key Points:
1) Decide if you want more out of your career.
2) If so, sacrifice free time to work on your side hustle business.
3) Realize, the side hustle is not easy, but it is rewarding.
- MG Digital Solutions: Need help with your website or building your digital presence elsewhere? Madison will be excited to help!
- BlueHost: Hosting service that we use at KazSource and Sportsepreneur.
- Envato: Themes for your website that allow you to focus on the side hustle.
- ConvertKit: Email marketing made easy so you can focus on greatness.