In this week’s very special episode of Athlete Mindset, host Lisa Bonta Sumii sits in on a conversation with Prim Siripipat, host of The Next Chapter, as part of LG Electronics’ Transparent Conversations live podcast series discussing Student-Athlete mental health and wellbeing. The conversation took place from the LG Fan Court experience on-location for the Men’s Final Four Championship in Houston, TX. Prim and Lisa were joined by Indiana Hoosier Senior Forward, Trayce Jackson-Davis and Houston Cougars Freshman Forward, Jarace Walker for the first segment of a two-part episode. The Final Four® is the ultimate stage for college basketball. In this episode of the LG Transparent Conversations series, we talk about the mental roadmap and challenges athletes face as they work their way to the elite stage. Expectations, pressure, media coverage, achieving peak performance, and even coping with injuries.
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | Athlete Mindset podcast host:
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
- Check out the rest of the LG Transparent Conversations on Student-Athlete mental health at lg.com/us/transparent-conversations
- Athlete Mindset | part of the KazSource Podcast Network
- Presented by SportsEpreneur: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | AthMindset website
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- Instagram: LGUSA | Prim Siripipat | Trayce Jackson | Jarace Walker | Dr. Corey Yeager | NCAA
- Twitter: LGUSA | Prim Siripipat | Trayce Jackson | Dr. Corey Yeager | NCAA
Related content to this Special Episode: LG Transparent Conversations Series – NCAA Episode Part 1: The Big Dance® and the Road to the Elite Stage: