Creating a platform for people who will be able to speak more. And taking responsibility for the community. That’s a bit of what Dr. Aletha Cherry, PhD is making happen as a change agent.
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with Aletha R. Cherry, PhD, to discuss anxiety, depression, therapy, coping through sports, Morehouse College, Polo, creating a platform for people to speak more, and being the change agent.
As Dr. Aletha Cherry says about herself:
My father is pretty wise. He told me once that I could either save the world or finish my PhD program; I couldn’t do both at the same time. With that being said, I’m a Doc now. I thoroughly enjoy connecting with schools across the globe, through my activities with iEARN, as the Vice President of the Georgia Partners of the Americas, and through local civic outreach. I’m also a very strong education and parental advocate. With my children’s passions of Latin dance, polo, and community activism, I find myself involved in fundraising and awareness of all three.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content on Mental Health:
- AthMindset | Sport Social Work with Dr. Stacy Kratz
- AthMindset | Reggie Walker on the Game Within the Game
- Mental Health in Sports is Everything and Skip Bayless is Flat-Out Wrong
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Aletha R. Cherry, PhD: LinkedIn, Instagram
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | Aletha Cherry, PhD on Being a Change Agent”.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you take in your podcasts!
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!