Recovery begins when there are four zeros on the clock.
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with former Los Angeles Lakers strength and conditioning coach, Marco Nunez.
Marco as he describes himself on LinkedIn:
Performance Athletic Trainer ⛹️♂️ | Sports Medicine Specialist ⚕️| Sports Rehab Therapist 💪| Sports Scientist 🧬| MS FMS SFMA FCS | Over 20 years of experience working in professional sports.
Experienced Head Athletic Trainer with a demonstrated history of working in the sports industry. Skilled in Sports Management, Injury Prevention, Athletic Training, Football, and Athletics. Strong community and social services professional with a Bachelor of Science (BS) focused in Kinesiology and Exercise Science from California State Polytechnic University-Pomona.
In this episode, Marco and Lisa discuss:
- What is strength and conditioning
- Recovery begins when there are four zeros on the clock
- Replenish what you lost
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Connecting mental health and physical health
- Kobe Bryant – who do you want to be with in the trenches
- Just keep shooting
- Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- What can you control
- Mental Health Trainers in professional sports
- The different types of mental health trainers and sports psychologists
- Turn losses into lessons
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content on Mental Health:
- Remember Kobe 8 | 24 | 13 | 9
- AthMindset | Reggie Walker on the Game Within the Game
- Gary Brackett & David West | Locker Room to Board Room
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Marco Nunez: LinkedInLinkedIn, Instagram
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | Former LA Lakers Strength and Conditioning Coach Marco Nunez”.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you take in your podcasts!
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!