Athletes, coaches, and parents — please listen to this episode to understand what athletes go through. Savanah Whatley is an infielder for the Oregon State Beavers softball team. In high school, she dealt with the trauma of being bullied. Savanah almost gave up the sport “she was born to play”. But her mom and family supported her after this traumatic experience. In her ongoing work on her own mental health, her relationship with God has allowed her to continue on with playing softball.
We appreciate Savanah’s bravery in sharing her story. And because of her commitment and willingness to be vulnerable, her story is just getting started. And we are here for it! We are also grateful to have connected with Savanah and we know you will be too.
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with Savanah Whately to discuss finding softball, her experience being bullied, her faith, and the impact of the pandemic on an athlete’s mental health.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- KazCM Podcast Production
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
- Savanah Whatley’s 2022 bio | Oregon State Beavers Softball
More content on Mental Health:
- AthMindset | Black Representation and Visibility in Softball with Zoe Conley
- Keep Showing Up, Like Chloe
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Savanah Whatley: Twitter, Instagram
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | Savanah Whatley Opens Up About Mental Health in Life and Softball”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!