- Journey to Mental Wellness: Discover the spark that ignited Aren’s interest in athlete mental health and led him to pursue a master’s degree.
- Birth of the Podcast: Uncover the story behind the creation of the Athlete Mindset podcast and its mission.
- The CMPC Role: The responsibilities and impact of a Certified Mental Performance Consultant.
- Identity Beyond Sport: Learn why athletes shouldn’t define themselves solely by their sports achievements.
- The Power of ‘Why’: Understand the importance of knowing the reasons behind your actions and decisions in sports.
- Sport Transition Strategies: Get insights into effectively switching sports and adapting to new challenges.
- Balancing Motivations: Explore how to find equilibrium between internal drive and external pressures.
- Mindful Performance: Hear about Aren’s collaboration with the Golden State Warriors Foundation and his approach to enhancing performance through mindfulness.
- Educational Background: Aren holds an MA from Holy Names University, specializing in applied sport psychology.
- Professional Expertise: Combining collegiate athletics and coaching experience, Aren offers a unique blend of academic knowledge and practical know-how.
- Holistic Approach: Focusing on both mental skills and emotional intelligence, Aren aims to enhance performance on and off the field.
- Collaborative Initiatives: Aren’s work includes designing mindfulness workshops for the Golden State Warriors Foundation, benefiting a diverse clientele including NCAA and FIBA athletes, coaches, executives, and educators.
- Athlete Mindset is part of the podcast network, QuietLoud Studios
- Presented by SportsE Media: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Instagram | website
- SportsE Media: TikTok | Instagram | X
- Aren Ulmer: Instagram | LinkedIn | X
- Duke University’s Approach to Athlete Mental Health with Dr. Aaron Goodson
- Understanding Athlete Identity with Kim Brady
- AthMindset | Peak Performance, Biohacking, and Neurofeedback with Angela Martinucci
- Beat Provided By freebeats.io | Produced By White Hot
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW | CEO & Founder of AthMindset®
Lisa brings a high level of expertise to the athlete mental health space, from both a clinical and performance focus. She works with elite youth athletes, collegiate student-athletes, Olympians/Olympic hopefuls, professional athletes, coaches, teams, and the entire sport ecosystem.
Lisa is the first-ever Mental Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots Sports Club, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL, working alongside other coaches on the Technical Team, as well as the Sports Medicine staff.
Lisa is listed in the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee’s Mental Health Registry, the NFL Player Association’s Clinician Directory, and the Major League Rugby Mental Health and Wellness Directory.
As a direct response to need, Lisa founded AthMindset® – a diverse team of athlete-centered, licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, serving across several states.
Lisa is a professional podcast host and podcast guest. She hosts the Athlete Mindset Podcast and co-hosts Roots Radio. She is a keynote speaker, an accomplished TEDx Speaker, speaks nationally and internationally, and is often invited to speak at conferences and contribute to expert panels.
Lisa has been quoted in Time Magazine, Teen Vogue, Women’s Health Magazine, as well as being interviewed on the BBC World News and Radio Bliss, in Jordan. Her first book, The AthMindset® Workbook: Training your mind for optimal mental health in sport and in life is now available.
Lisa received her Master’s in Clinical Social Work from Smith College School for Social Work and attended the University of California at Santa Barbara as an undergraduate. She is a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.