Join us on the Athlete Mindset podcast as Lisa Bonta Sumii shares space with a resident physician in the UC San Francisco (UCSF) Department of Pediatrics and a Founder of Embrace the Mind, Dr. Tiana Woolridge. Tiana’s father, a former professional NBA player Orlando Woolridge, was diagnosed with a substance use disorder. Tiana and Lisa talk about substance use disorder, mental illness, how to recognize the symptoms, and how to cope with stress and loss.
Conversation list from “Dr. Tiana Woolridge: Substance Use Disorder Is a Mental Illness”:
(a quick ask: a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify goes a long way)
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | Athlete Mindset podcast host:
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
Dr. Tiana S. Woolridge, MD, MPH | Athlete Mindset guest:
Dr. Tiana Woolridge is a resident physician in the UCSF Department of Pediatrics, PLUS track (Pediatric Leaders Advancing Health Equity). Dr. Woolridge is the Founder of Embrace the Mind, a mental health, and wellness program for K-12th grade schools. Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and skilled in Health Communications, Data Analysis, Public Speaking, and Social Media. Expertise in program planning and public health consulting from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Passionate about working with youth-serving organizations to create health-positive environments for children, and integrating mental health into general pediatric care.
- Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network | looking to start a podcast or join a network: https://kazsource.com
- Presented by SE: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports: https://sportse.io
- content brings people together: https://kazcm.com
Social media and more:
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | AthMindset website
- Dr. Tiana Woolridge : LinkedIn| Instagram
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
Related episodes to substance use:
- RAV | A Journey To Helping And Healing With Stanley Cup Champion, Theo Fleury
- AthMindset | Sport Social Work with Dr. Stacy Kratz
- Surrender the Outcome | Entrepreneur Perspectives podcast
Two current projects:
- We published a book! Check it out on Amazon: Altered State of Affairs
- Short-form video production: https://kazcm.com/tiktok-agency