You’ve got great talent around you, just make the first easy pass and move. In this episode, we feature Ged Doughton, the last UNC Tar Heels basketball player to wear number 23 before Michael Jordan. Ged shares his stories around making the first easy pass, good habits, and the power of practice.
Ged played for the UNC Tar Heels from 1976-1979 and was a part of four regular season ACC Championships during his time in Chapel Hill. He is currently the Sr. Director of Development at UNC Charlotte while also providing virtual assistance to basketball coaches and individual coaching to players.
With a focus on making the first easy pass, Ged brings simplicity and legendary leadership to the podcast.
We are grateful for the lessons and stories from North Carolina, Number 23, Ged Doughton! We hope you enjoy this powerful episode on the SportsEpreneur Podcast.
Want to collaborate with the SportsEpreneur team? Visit: https://sportsepreneur.com/sports-content-marketing/
Ged Doughton | Make the First Easy Pass and the UNC Tar Heels
Leadership’s Role in Change
Being Transparent in Communication
Ged Doughton On Making the First Easy Pass
Creating Good Habits By Practicing
Overcoming and Learning From Your Mistakes
Hiring For Talent and Attitude
The Impact of Social Media on Athletes
The 1976-1979 UNC Tar Heels and Number 23, Ged Doughton
Number 23 from North Carolina, Michael Jordan and Ged Doughton
Battling the “Could Have Won” Moments
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links:
- Enjoy the Journey
- UNC Chapel Hill Basketball
- UNC Charlotte
- The Atlantic Coast Conference Basketball
- 1976-77 North Carolina Tar Heels
- 1977 North Carolina vs Marquette National Championship
- Coach Dean Smith
- “The Last Dance” on ESPN
Connect with us:
- Thank you for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast episode all about basketball, leadership, and simplicity.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship–we also discuss content creation and marketing.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Music, “escape” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports and entrepreneurship collide!