Sports& presents a conversation with the youngest coach in the NCAA, Chris Paynter. At 24 years of age, Chris Paynter is the head swim coach at Wilkes University.
Note: This podcast is produced by the team at SportsEpreneur. If you are looking to be featured on a podcast or article, or are looking to start your own content platform, reach out to the team at SE.
Jesse Marsh and Chris Paynter talk about:
- A conversation between ex-Villanova University teammates Jesse Marsh and Chris Paynter
- Paynter’s personal journey: from his experiences as a competitive swimmer to the challenges he faced due to injuries in college
- The transition from athlete to coach
- Paynter shares his coaching philosophy and the characteristics he looks for in potential recruits
- Coach Paynter addresses the noticeable lack of representation of black coaches and swimmers in the field
- Paynter highlights the importance of community service, an integral part of the Wilkes University swim team culture.
Christopher Paynter is a swimming coach and former competitive swimmer. He currently leads the men’s and women’s swimming teams at Wilkes University, having taken the reins in May 2022.
Prior to his tenure at Wilkes, Christopher spent a season at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. His responsibilities were diverse, ranging from assistant swim coach to recruitment coordinator, and he played a pivotal role in building the new men’s program. He further honed his skills as an intern Strength Coach, guiding student-athletes in pursuing both their individual and team ambitions.
Christopher’s own athletic career is noteworthy. As a swimmer at Villanova University, he was part of one of the school’s most successful swimming and diving teams. His accolades include two Big East championships and six All-Big East honors in relays, being a crucial third leg in the 200-yard freestyle relay that set school records in 2017 and 2018. He also boasted impressive individual achievements, placing among the top three fastest-ever Villanova swimmers in the 50 free, 100 free, and 100 butterfly.
Before his college career, Christopher made waves at the Hershey Aquatic Club and Hershey High School in Pennsylvania. He garnered NISCA All-American and all-state recognitions in the 50 free and relays and showed versatility as a track & field athlete as well.
In December 2021, Christopher graduated from Villanova with a degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences. Now, as he guides the swimmers at Wilkes, he continues to draw on his rich experience, coaching prowess, and academic background.
Jesse is a graduate journalism student at Northwestern University from Kingston, Jamaica. He is a former Division I swimmer and team captain at Villanova University. And the host of the podcast and platform, Sports&. An article on Why Sports&.
- Jesse Marsh: LinkedIn
- Sports& pages: SportsEpreneur| KazSource Podcast Network
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok| Instagram | Twitter
Related Content on SportsEpreneur:
- The Three Feelings In Sports And Entrepreneurship
- Your Sporting Career Is Over: What Now?
- 5 Misconceptions About College Athletic Scholarships
- Sports& is the property of KazSource, Inc. Presented and produced by SportsEpreneur. Part of the KazSource Podcast Network.
Sports& is a podcast hosted by Jesse Marsh. In this space, Jesse has conversations with athletes, coaches, sports administrators, and more to talk about all things sports and how they intersect with society.
SE is a digital sports media brand & production company for entrepreneurs engaged in sports. If you are looking to start and manage a podcast of your own, let’s talk.