The Athlete Mindset podcast presents a conversation with the owner of Fearless & Capable, Candice Fabry. In this episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW and Candice discuss the horrifying abuse in the NWSL, suppressed abuse, victim blaming, and being a survivor of abuse. Also discussed is what Candice is doing to help athletes through her female-led and inspired sport career mentorship program.
Stop Being Silent!
Candice Fabry, Owner Fearless & Capable, LLC
Candice Fabry is the owner of Fearless & Capable, a female-led mentorship program.
This program supports women working in the sports industry with mentoring that attracts and retains more women in the industry, and promotes females developing into leaders within the sport. Candice has been coaching soccer for over 15 years across varying levels within the game and Midwest region. Currently, Candice is serving as the Head Women’s Soccer Coach at Ottawa University and the Associate Head Coach of the KC Courage Women’s team in the UWS. She is also an ODP coach for the state of Kansas and the Midwest Region. Additionally, Candice is a US Soccer Grassroots Instructor and has enjoyed the opportunities to host both coed and all-female courses in Kansas, Iowa, and Illinois. A native of Naperville, Illinois and former collegiate player at the University of Toledo, Candice resides in Kansas City with her husband and two children.
Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network. At KazSource, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re growing this one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast then we should talk. Connect with us on Twitter or Instagram.
This is the Athlete Mindset podcast. And it’s all about mental health in sports. Presented and produced by SportsE+. Part of the KazSource Podcast Network.
Athlete Mindset is hosted by Lisa Bonta Sumii. Lisa Bonta Sumii is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach at the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of practitioners, who serve alongside her.
The Athlete Mindset podcast is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
I am Eric Kasimov, Founder of KazSource and the creator of SportsE+. We are hosting the Athlete Mindset podcast on this platform as I deeply believe these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
Website worth a look:
- KazCM Podcast Production
- KazSource Podcast Network
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
More content around the core message of stop being silent:
- Sydney Supple | Empowering Women and Northwestern Softball
- Savanah Whatley Opens Up About Mental Health in Life and Softball
- What Can U6 Girls Softball Teach Us in Business
- Candice Fabry: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Fearless & Capable: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter
- AthMindset: website
- SportsE+: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter | LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this Athlete Mindset episode presented by SportsE+ titled, “Be Brave, Be Courageous, and Stop Being Silent with Fearless & Capable Owner, Candice Fabry”
- Apple Podcasts
- Beat Provided By freebeats.io | Produced By White Hot
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+ | a digital media sports brand and production team