This is IT! The Game! Ohio State vs. Michigan. As Nate says, “it’s our get-back opportunity.” So many will be dealing with high expectations. How individuals and teams handle those expectations is everything.
In this episode we discuss:
- THE game – Ohio State vs. Michigan. This game is everything.
- Desmond Howard disrespecting CJ Stroud
- The future of the College Football Playoffs
- Who takes the loss harder – the players or the fans?
- Having an aligned vision
- Larry Johnson video – “If you’re elite, grab somebody today, take ’em with you!”
- Leaders need accountability and need to take the blame
- Zach Wilson
- When something doesn’t go right – whether it’s business or in life, ask yourself first, “did you do everything you could before you start blaming others?”
- TreVeyon Henderson
- BF with Jimmie Bell
- Be your true self – don’t try to be someone else. Only you can be you.
- Antonio Pittman, Ohio State Running Back on RB footwork
- Bruno Pessoa episode on the importance of soccer in Brazil
- Long sleeves on offensive linemen as a sign that something’s off
- Nate talks about his last Michigan game and the aftermath
- How do players deal with wins and losses?
Connect with JB: Facebook | Twitter
As always, Buckeye Focused is hosted by former Ohio State Buckeye, Nate Oliver (IG). And Eric Kasimov (Twitter).
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, and the creator of this platform, SportsE+.
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
If you are a current or former Ohio State Buckeye and want to be featured in an upcoming episode of Buckeye Focused: hit us up | Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or simply email us!
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State and it goes beyond sports:
- Sports Bring People Together
- Accept Responsibility for the Position You Are In | by Jimmie Bell
- Tribalism in Sports x Player Mindset | Buckeye Focused 8
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Nate Oliver: Instagram | KBK Social Entrepreneurship Program
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this Buckeye Focused episode on SportsE+ titled, “Dealing with High Expectations on and off the Field”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The digital media sports brand and production company learning all we can about mental health.