Hard work and education are everything to this world-class sprinter, Curtis Mitchell.
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with Curtis Mitchell.
This man is the 2014 USA 200 meter Champion! The 2013 USA 200 meter silver Medalist. And the 2013 USA World Championship Bronze Medalist! His personal record is 19.97.
How does Curtis Mitchell go from multi-sport high school athlete to no scholarship offers to a race against Usain Bolt?
Finding opportunity in Junior College (JUCO), dreaming big, self-reflection, saying no to distractions, being uncomfortable, working on mental health, and overall working hard and focusing on education. All while not letting his sport define him. Curtis Mitchell talks about how he doesn’t want to walk away from his sport with nothing. Thus he is a business owner focused on generational wealth.
Listen to Lisa and Curtis Mitchell have an open and vulnerable conversation on how Curtis Mitchell has accomplished what he has and even more, what he will. His mindset is something we can all learn from.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
- Curtis Mitchell’s sprinting stats on WorldAthletics.Org
- KazCM Podcast Production
More content on Mental Health:
- AthMindset | Former LA Lakers Strength and Conditioning Coach Marco Nunez
- AthMindset | Ashley Besecker | Biochemistry Wizard for Athletes Like Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird
- SE65 | Founders Therapy Session with Matt Wunderli
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | World-Class Sprinter Curtis Mitchell”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Image of Curtis Mitchell and Usain Bolt provided by Curtis Mitchell / Instagram
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!
Feel free to use this image below to share this post on social media: