“Goalkeeping is 75 percent mental.” In this episode, we chat with Jeff Attinella, goalkeeper for the Portland Timbers of the MLS. We talk about the mindset of a soccer goalkeeper, the Portland Timbers, and an athlete creating content. All of this and more with Portland goalkeeper, Jeff Attinella.
Jeff led the Timbers’ team to the 2018 MLS Cup. He played college soccer in his home state at the University of South Florida. His junior season he was an All American and Big East goalkeeper of the year. In the MLS, besides playing for the Portland Timbers, Attinella also played for Real Salt Lake and was a backup goalie during their MLS Cup run in 2013.
Besides being a goalkeeper, Jeff is husband, father and content creator. A creator in the sense that he is a podcast host and children’s book author. You can hear his podcast From J to Z on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. His children’s books can be found on his publishing platform, ItHadToBeTold.com or Amazon. You can see links to his books below. After you spend time listening to Jeff and learning about his story, you will absolutely be drawn to his content.
One thing that really stood out in this chat is Jeff’s mindfulness. We believe you’ll come to understand what I mean after listening to this conversation.
We are excited to feature Jeff Attinella on the SportsEpreneur Podcast.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Jeff Attinella’s Books:
- Cleveland Wins a Championship: The Story of the 2016 Cavaliers
- Greatest Ever: The story of a coach, a quarterback, and a comeback
- The Curse Ends: The Story of the 2016 Chicago Cubs
- The Great Space Race: The story of how America put a man on the moon!
Other important links:
- The Oregonian: Authoring Children’s Books for His Daughter
- The Outlook: Timbers Goalie Reads Latest Children’s Book
- University of South Florida Soccer
- The Future of Soccer in the United States
- Keeping My Mind Right as a 13 Year Old Soccer Goalie
- Timbers Army
- Columbus Crew
- David De Gea
- Justin Fields
Connect with us:
- Thank you so much for listening to this podcast, “Jeff Attinella | Creating Content as the Portland Timbers’ Goalkeeper” #SEPodcast
- This SportsEpreneur Podcast Episode is brought to you by KazCM. KazCM is a content marketing company for business leaders with an eye on branding.
- We would be grateful if you subscribed to the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
- Image of the Portland Timbers was taken by Sharat Ganapati under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License.
- Music, “ESCAPE” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. a place that drives entrepreneurs to pursue “amazing” through content, execution, and community.
If you are an athlete, former athlete, or in and around the world of sports and would like to be featured on our podcast, please connect with us. We’d be excited to chat.