You’re in for a treat on this episode of Athlete Mindset! Our very own Lisa Bonta Sumii, founder and guiding force behind AthMindset, takes the hot seat to dish out some game-changing perspectives. We’re diving deep into the crucial role of mental health in sports and business performance. So, get ready as we discuss mental coaching, the urgent need for more funding for mental health initiatives, and the surprising overlap between skills honed on the playing field and in the boardroom.
Key points from “Sports Mindset in Business | Winning Through Culture”
- Let’s start breaking down those mental health myths and make space for open, honest conversations.
- Mental performance coaches aren’t just for the sports field. Entrepreneurs and business leaders, this one’s for you!
- More accessible mental health resources? Yes, please! Let’s look at ways to invest in funds that can make this a reality.
- Collaborative approach? Check! Employees should have a voice in mental health decisions.
- Employee well-being isn’t just a nice-to-have. It’s an investment we can’t afford to ignore.
- Roses and Thorns feedback system – it’s all about celebrating the wins and learning from the challenges.
- Mental rehearsal, routine building, reflection – three key pillars for a healthier mindset for all employees.
- Athletes, you’ve got skills that go beyond the sports field. Let’s explore how they transfer to other industries.
- Prepping for life after sports? Let’s chat about how your skills can open doors in your next chapter.
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW | Athlete Mindset podcast host:
Lisa is a psychotherapist and mental performance consultant to high-performing athletes at the youth, collegiate, Olympic-hopeful, and professional levels. She is the first-ever Mental Health & Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots SC, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL. Lisa is the Founder & CEO of AthMindset, a diverse team of licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, who serve alongside her.
About the Winning Through Culture podcast:
Staying relevant and creating impact takes extreme intention, and that’s where Winning Through Culture comes in! This podcast will let you inside the minds of Tim Flanagan, Amanda Kramer, and their guests to give you expertise, insight, and tips to create the environment you’ve always wanted, no matter where you are in your culture journey. Winning Through Culture website and podcast.
Wrapping up sports mindset in business:
- Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network
- Presented by SportsEpreneur: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports
- content brings people together: KazCM
Social media and more:
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter | AthMindset website
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
Related episodes to Sports Mindset in Business:
- AJ Vaynerchuk and Michael Lombardi | Inside the Business of the NFL
- Sports and Business Collide in a Podcast Chat with Rob Cressy
- Why Sports and Business Content?
Two current projects:
- We published a book! Check it out on Amazon: Altered State of Affairs
- Short-form video production: KazCM
- This podcast was produced by the team at KazCM
- Beat Provided By freebeats.io | Produced By White Hot