Find your pitch. Your voice. Use it. Speak Up. Footballer, Alexis Catt shows us how.
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with Alexis Catt.
Alexis as she describes herself on her LinkedIn page:
on the pitch: midfielder for Memphis Americans of the NISL (and a graduate of Purdue University)
off the pitch: I read the game and assist the unsung heroes in the footballing world in sharing their stories via written word, photography, and video by traveling, studying, and communicating. I aim to bridge the gap for untold stories (#6s I’m looking at you!).
Alexis Catt was born in Santiago, Chile, but grew up in Indiana. She is an eight-year veteran of professional women’s soccer. She also was a member of the Chilean Under-20 Women’s National Team from 2015-2016.
Well, we’re all about what Alexis Catt is up to–both on and off the pitch. And how about a podcast for some of those untold stories? Yes, please!
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content on Mental Health:
- Mental Health in Sports Is Everything and Skip Bayless Is Flat-Out Wrong! | Dak Prescott
- AthMindset | Ashley Besecker | Biochemistry Wizard for Athletes Like Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird
- Normalizing Mental Health in Sports with Lisa Bonta Sumii
- SE69 | Sports Psychology and Mental Training with Henrik Hjarsbæk
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Alexis Catt: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | Alexis Catt and the Untold Stories in Fútbol”.
- SportsEpreneur podcast episodes are all about colliding sports and entrepreneurship.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you take in your podcasts!
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The place where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!