The pain you endure in life is a part of your journey toward your purpose! Our guest, Sylvester Long, Jr has a goal is to help you turn your pain into your purpose!
In this AthMindset episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW, shares space with Sylvester Long, Jr, motivational speaker, author, and former athlete.
Sylvester shares his stories that include bullying, dyslexia, and therapy.
More about Sylvester from his LinkedIn page:
“My goal is to share my testimony and let others know that the pain we experience in life is temporary. Even though the pain is temporary, and it hurts, it is a part of our journey and our purpose and vision that is defined, designed, and destined for our lives!”
Recent tweets from Sylvester:
Sometimes GROWTH Requires New COMPANY New LOCATIONS & New MINDSETS
Your presence on earth is proof that you are necessary. You have value. You have an assignment. You have a purpose!
Don’t give up! Things will not be easy! Continue to push with perseverance to purpose!
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide!
If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful web pages from this episode:
- KazCM Podcast Production
- AthMindset | Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
- Sylvester Long, Jr’s book | Out of Pain, Into Purpose
More content on Mental Health:
- SE72 | Montee Ball and Derek Bylsma on Antonio Brown, Transfer Portal, and NIL
- Normalizing Mental Health in Sports with Lisa Bonta Sumii
- SE33 | Derek Bylsma | Mental Health in Youth Sports
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Sylvester Long Jr: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “AthMindset | Out of Pain, Into Purpose with Sylvester Long, Jr”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!