Discussing the mental health side of youth sports. Today we speak with Derek Bylsma, Executive Director of Millennium Counseling Center in Chicago, Illinois. In this episode, we discuss how important it is that parents help control the mental side of their young athletes.
With today’s tools, youth athletes are hearing the noise from all angles. Derek and Eric discuss avenues for you to help your young athlete succeed both on and off the field.
With Derek’s athletic background and knowledge around mental health in sports, we are excited to have Derek back on our podcast to share his thoughts with you.
As always, we are excited to feature Derek on the SportsEpreneur Podcast.
Mental Health in Youth Sports Podcast Headlines
The Reality of Being a Soccer Goalkeeper
So Many Things Coming at Kids Today
Putting Good Things Out Into the World
Social Media and Social Pressures for Kids Today
Comparison Against Others
Modern Kids Have Become the Centers of a Family’s Attention
Anxiety in Young People
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Previous SportsEpreneur Podcast episodes with Derek:
- Awareness Around Mental Health
- Mental Health In Sports
- Dealing with Pressure as an Athlete
- Overcoming Mental Health Struggles
Other important links:
- Anxiety and depression
- Youth Sports Lessons for Business
- 4 Lessons I Learned from Coaching Youth Basketball
Connect with us:
- Derek Bylsma: LinkedIn
- Millennium Counseling Center: Website, Instagram, Facebook
- Eric Kasimov: Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Thank you so much for listening to this podcast, “Mental Health in Youth Sports with Derek Bylsma” #SEPodcast
- This SportsEpreneur Podcast Episode is brought to you by KazCM. KazCM is a content marketing company for business leaders with an eye on branding.
- We would be grateful if you gave us a review.
- Music, “ESCAPE” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. Come pursue amazing with us!