“You have to prepare your kids and give them the courage to do what’s best for themselves.” – Jimmie Bell
So much insight, self-reflection, and inspiring advice in this episode. Jimmie tells stories of:
- a non-violent end to a conflict
- teaching kids to value themselves
- being presented with something that has nothing to do with you
- communicating with the important people in your life
- understanding the consequences of your decisions
- how to fight through fear
- you deserve “this”
- realizing who you are
There are individuals we come across in life that have an immediate impact. For Nate Oliver and now me, one of those individuals is Jimmie Bell. And we hope now you. By listening to this episode, you will understand what Jimmie Bell means by the question he asks his own daughter: “Why are you with people who don’t value you?”
Jimmie Bell (JB) deserves to be heard — he needs to be heard. And we hope you will listen to what JB has to say. We promise you will be affected by this conversation no matter your background.
While this is “Buckeye Focused”, a buckeye here and a buckeye there spawned this conversation. But this conversation goes way beyond football and buckeyes. I’ve always said “sports bring people together” and this episode proves that.
More about Jimmie Bell:
Football: Ohio State Defensive Lineman, 1997 Rose Bowl Champion, 1999 New York Giants, 2000 San Diego Chargers
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, and the creator of this platform, SportsE+.
Jimmie Bell: “Consider not focusing on what I do, but use what I do to inspire YOU to do ALL YOU can do.” speaker, life and football coach, author, consultant
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State and mental health:
- Jimmie Bell: “I Got the Courage to Start Over”
- AthMindset | Sydney Supple | Empowering Women and Northwestern Softball
- We’re All A Little Crazy: #SameHere Global Mental Health Movement
- Accept Responsibility for the Position You Are In | by Jimmie Bell
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this Buckeye Focused episode on SportsE+ titled, “Why Are You With People Who Don’t Value You? | Jimmie Bell | Buckeye Focused”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The digital media sports brand and production company learning all we can about mental health.