Michelle Colson, a professional footballer, reflects on her journey to becoming the player she is today and explores her personal growth beyond the football field.
In this episode:
- Michelle Colson recalls her childhood where she often found herself as the only girl on the pitch.
- Michelle discusses her decision to become an ambassador for Devine Time and highlights the vital work they do for women in sports.
- A conversation on the significance of mental health in overall well-being and the importance of maintaining the enjoyment of sports.
- After graduating from college, Michelle has embarked on a journey to discover her identity beyond the world of sports.
- Michelle Colson shares her experiences of learning to be comfortable with oneself and the importance of being your own best friend.
About Michelle Colson:
- Belgian Super League Champion: 2021/22, 2020/21, 2019/20
- Belgian Cup: 2021/22
- Belgian 2nd Division Championship: 2018/19
- UEFA Women’s Champions League Round of 16: 2021/22, 2020/21, 2019/20
- Rangers Football Club
More about Michelle Colson:
Michelle Colson is a Belgian footballer known for her defensive skills, currently playing for Rangers Football Club. Originating from Hasselt, Belgium, Michelle balanced her football career with studies in economics. In 2019, she moved to Anderlecht, contributing significantly to the team’s success. In 2023, she transferred to Rangers, a Scottish football club, adding value to their defense. Internationally, Michelle represented Belgium, starting with youth teams. She received her first call-up to the Belgium women’s national football team for the 2023 Arnold Clark Cup, indicating a notable point in her career. Michelle’s continued efforts in football inspire many, marking her as a notable player in women’s football.
- Athlete Mindset is part of the KazSource Podcast Network
- Presented by SportsE Media: a digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports
- Content brings people together: KazCM
Social media and more:
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Instagram | AthMindset website
- SportsE Media: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
- Michelle Colson: Instagram
Related episodes to Michelle Colson | Footballer and Beyond:
- Michelle Alozie: Navigating the Challenges of College and Professional Soccer
- AthMindset | Advancing Women’s Soccer with Dr. Missy Price of the USL
- Discussing The Beauty of Soccer and Competition with Danny Nessim
Two current projects:
- We released a book series: Altered State of Affairs & Reach for the Stars
- Short-form video production: KazCM
- This podcast was produced by the team at KazCM
- Beat Provided By freebeats.io | Produced By White Hot
Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW | CEO & Founder of AthMindset®
Lisa brings a high level of expertise to the athlete mental health space, from both a clinical and performance focus. She works with elite youth athletes, collegiate student-athletes, Olympians/Olympic hopefuls, professional athletes, coaches, teams, and the entire sport ecosystem.
Lisa is the first-ever Mental Performance Coach for the Oakland Roots Sports Club, a men’s professional soccer team, in the USL, working alongside other coaches on the Technical Team, as well as the Sports Medicine staff.
Lisa is listed in the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee’s Mental Health Registry, the NFL Player Association’s Clinician Directory, and the Major League Rugby Mental Health and Wellness Directory.
As a direct response to need, Lisa founded AthMindset® – a diverse team of athlete-centered, licensed mental health clinicians and mental performance consultants, serving across several states.
Lisa is a professional podcast host and podcast guest. She hosts the Athlete Mindset Podcast and co-hosts Roots Radio. She is a keynote speaker, an accomplished TEDx Speaker, speaks nationally and internationally, and is often invited to speak at conferences and contribute to expert panels.
Lisa has been quoted in Time Magazine, Teen Vogue, Women’s Health Magazine, as well as being interviewed on the BBC World News and Radio Bliss, in Jordan. Her first book, The AthMindset® Workbook: Training your mind for optimal mental health in sport and in life is now available.
Lisa received her Master’s in Clinical Social Work from Smith College School for Social Work and attended the University of California at Santa Barbara as an undergraduate. She is a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.