One of the best things going on today is the awareness around mental health. Today we speak with Derek Bylsma, Executive Director of Millennium Counseling Center in Chicago, Illinois. In this episode, we discuss how important it is that mental health has come to the forefront of people’s lives.
Derek specializes in recovery-related work, mental health disorders, and issues unique to athletic performance. He is enthusiastic about leading the sports division at his group as it marries two of his life-long passions; helping others and athletics.
With Derek’s athletic background and knowledge around mental health in sports, we are excited to have Derek back on our podcast to share his thoughts with you.
As always, we are excited to feature Derek on the SportsE+ Podcast.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Previous SportsE+ Podcast episodes with Derek:
Other important links:
- Anxiety and depression
- Millennium Counseling Center’s Intensive Treatment 3A Program
- Doug Baldwin on mental health
- SE74 | The Challenges of Finding a Therapist | Derek Bylsma, LCPC
Connect with us:
- Derek Bylsma: LinkedIn
- Millennium Counseling Center: Website, Instagram, Facebook
- Eric Kasimov: Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Thank you for listening to thisSportsE+ titled, “SE30 | Derek Bylsma | Awareness Around Mental Health”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where SportsE+ = sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health = X!