“What are you outside of sports?”
This conversation features Mental Health & Sports Performance Coach, Lisa Bonta Sumii sharing space with Amanda Banks, Founder of Sports to Suits. A company on a mission to help athletes get a career outside of sports.
Topics explored in this conversation:
- transitioning to life after sports
- feeling isolated as a child gymnast
- not having an identity outside of your sport
- falling back on drugs and alcohol
- Awareness — as a parent with a child in sports
- Supporting our daughters
- Body acceptance
(Research) From the National Library of Medicine: Athletic Identity in Youth Athletes: A Systematic Review of the Literature
Amanda Banks is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sports To Suits and DeBanks, LLC. She is also the host of the weekly live show “Sports To Suits” where she highlights former athletes that are leveraging their background in sports to see success in business. Amanda is an enterprise sales leader, strategic partnerships creator, and joy enthusiast. She has a strong track record in sales, healthcare, technology, innovation, and leadership and believes every conversation is the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Amanda’s TEDx Talk | TEDxWilmington | The Power of These 4 Words
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
From Lisa: I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide! If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Website worth a look:
More content around transitioning to life after sports:
- SE50 | Nate Oliver | Ohio State Buckeyes and Life After Football
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- AthMindset | Reggie Walker on the Game Within the Game
- SE69 | Sports Psychology and Mental Training with Henrik Hjarsbæk
- Amanda Banks: LinkedIn | YouTube
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter | LinkedIn
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “Athletic Identity With Amanda Banks, Founder of Sports to Suits”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!