A podcast episode all about the movement for MENtal HEALth and wellness among men.
This conversation features Mental Health & Sports Performance Coach, Lisa Bonta Sumii sharing space with James Harris, the founder of Men to Heal.
James Harris attended St Paul’s College and has a BA in Psychology. After his freshman year, he joined the Army. James has eight years of service with an honorable discharge. He has two deployments: Iraq and Afghanistan.
After his military duty, he earned a MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) from South University. He is a Licensed Mental Health Professional. He is a member of Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society (CSI), American Counselors Association (ACA), Richmond Area Counselors Association (RACA) and board member of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI-CVA), and the Co-Chair of DEI for a DOD agency,
James works in community-based services in the inner cities, and sits on the Family Assessment Planning Team (F.A.P.T) meetings for DSS and at schools. He works in private practice in Richmond, VA, and has started an international movement called “Men to Heal”.
“Men to Heal” assists men to focus on their overall wellness, MENtal, emotional and physical HEALth. He conducts sessions on various topics involving boys/men and MENtal HEALth.
James also authored a book titled “Man, Just Express Yourself” which is an interactive guide for MEN, young and old.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. And it’s all about mental health in sports.
From Lisa: I’m Lisa Bonta Sumii and this is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Eric Kasimov of SportsEpreneur is generously hosting the AthMindset Podcast Series on his platform as he deeply believes that these conversations are essential and deserve to be prioritized.
This is the AthMindset Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur. SportsEpreneur — the content platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide! If you are looking to start a podcast or create original content, you have to talk with the team at SportsEpreneur. I work with them and I vouch for them. It’s that simple. Go to SportsE.io to learn more.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Website worth a look:
More content around mental health in men
- RAV | Changing the Narrative Around Mental Health with Eric Kussin
- SE44 | Making a Splash with USA Olympic Gold Medalist, Cullen Jones (Part 1)
- SportsMatterz | Being a Hockey Enforcer with Josh Gratton
- AthMindset | World-Class Sprinter Curtis Mitchell
- James Harris: YouTube | LinkedIn | Instagram | Man, Just Express Yourself BOOK
- Lisa Bonta Sumii: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter | LinkedIn
- SportsEpreneur: TikTok | Instagram | Twitter
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “Man, Just Express Yourself with James Harris”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!