The pilot episode for Buckeye Focused! Welcome to the newest Ohio State Buckeye football podcast. It’s week one and the Notre Dame Golden Domers are coming to The Shoe for a top 5 matchup. We have to talk about it!
This season 1, week 1 episode of Buckeye Focused is renting space on SportsE+, for the moment. By next week, the “Buckeye Focused” podcast will have its own home.
For now, here’s today’s show featuring former Ohio State Buckeye, Nate Oliver (IG). And former 8th grade outside linebacker that could never keep containment, Eric Kasimov (Twitter).
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. Nate is the Director of Keith B. Key Buckeye Social Entrepreneurship Program at The Ohio State University.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, a dynamic company managing a portfolio of brands and projects in the areas of content, podcasting, production, sports, mental health, insurance, and ventures.
Topics and more for Buckeye Focused S1/W1:
– Malik Zaire, former Notre Dame quarterback and former Ohio native talking a big game on Twitter
– Baker Mayfield and sports journalist
– Jim Tressel and the 20-Year Anniversary of the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes National Championship
– Big Ten $7 Billion media deal
– Jim Knowles’ defense and what Nate is hearing from the program
– Preparing to play an elite tight end (Michael Mayer) as a safety (Nate’s position)
– The concern of a thin cornerback room at Ohio State and the “what if” scenario if a safety needs to move to corner
– Red zone offense deficiencies in 2021 and what to do about it in 2022
– C.J. Stroud and running the football (or not)
Nate’s prediction: Ohio State 35, Notre Dame 21 | players to watch: Marvin Harrison Jr and the entire Ohio State defense!
Eric’s prediction Ohio State 45, Note Dame 30 (backdoor cover) | players to watch: Marvin Harrison Jr, Julian Fleming, and Steele Chambers
– Notre Dame at Ohio State content to get you ready for the game:
Menace2Sports Podcast with Zach Smith
Buckeye Talk Podcast by Cleveland.com
Ohio State football coverage by The Athletic
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
If you are a current or former Ohio State Buckeye and want to be featured in an upcoming episode of Buckeye Focused: hit us up | Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or simply email us!
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State:
- SE50 | Nate Oliver | Ohio State Buckeyes and Life After Football
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- SE19 | Chimdi Chekwa | Ohio State Buckeye For Real
- ClutchTimeout | Thad Matta | Championship Culture Stories
- Sports Media Wants Your Clicks—Especially YOU, Buckeye Fans
- Sports Bring People Together
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Nate Oliver: Instagram | KBK Social Entrepreneurship Program
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this SportsMatterz episode on SportsE+ titled, “BUCKEYE FOCUSED 1 | Notre Dame vs Ohio State Preview, Expectations of Jim Knowles’ Defense, and Twitter Warrior of the Week with Buckeye, Nate Oliver”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health collide!