Putting yourself out there to heal and help others heal. In this episode of the RAV Podcast Series, Jake chats with Eric Kussin, founder of We’re All A Little “Crazy”, a non-profit bringing together Athletes, Celebrities, and Expert Practitioners.
From a promising career as a sports executive, working in the NBA, WNBA and NHL, to a 2 1/2 year battle with severe PTSD from his childhood trauma. Eric’s path led him to the psych ward where even his psychiatrists were amazed at the amount of drugs he had tried leading to shock therapy for 22 consecutive days.
Today, Eric has been able to find himself again and speaks candidly about his experiences and connects to many items in terms of mental health. He speaks so clearly about how our thoughts can lead to many different outcomes and how the world speaks about mental illness.
This conversation with Jake and Eric is truly raw, authentic, and vulnerable.
SportsEpreneur is the content platform where sports and entrepreneurship collide! It’s for the deep-rooted and not so average. If you are in or around the world of sports and are interested in A) being featured as a guest, or B) looking to collaborate on content, or C) looking to up your content game, hit us up!
RAV = Raw, Authentic, and Vulnerable. This podcast series hosted by Jake Newton is centered around mental health and specifically, mental health in sports.
We had the pleasure of building a relationship with Jake Newton through the SportsEpreneur platform. It started on social media (Instagram and LinkedIn). It led to many messages, conversations, a podcast recording, more communication, and now this. We look forward to collaborating with him and sharing this content on our platform. We hope you enjoy the RAV Podcast Series on SportsEpreneur with Jake Newton. Raw, Authentic, and Vulnerable.
Are you an athlete or entrepreneur looking to create content? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Connect with us:
- Jake Newton: Instagram, LinkedIn
- Eric Kussin: LinkedIn and Eric Kussin’s new podcast: We’re All a Little Crazy
- SportsEpreneur: Instagram
- Thank you so much for listening to this SportsEpreneur podcast series, RAV | Raw, Authentic, Vulnerable
- Are you in or around the world of sports? We want to talk! Contact SportsEpreneur here.
- We hope you will Subscribe to the podcast.
- Music, “escape” provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our sports and business content platform: SportsEpreneur. Come pursue amazing with us!