Putting yourself out there to heal and help others heal. In this episode of the RAV Podcast Series, Jake chats with Eric Kussin, founder of We’re All A Little “Crazy”, a non-profit bringing together Athletes, Celebrities, and Expert Practitioners.
From a promising career as a sports executive, working in the NBA, WNBA, and NHL, to a two-and-a-half-year battle with severe PTSD from his childhood trauma. Eric’s path led him to the psych ward where even his psychiatrists were amazed at the amount of drugs he had tried leading to shock therapy for 22 consecutive days.
Today, Eric Kussin has been able to find himself again and speaks candidly about his experiences, and connects to many items in terms of mental health. He speaks so clearly about how our thoughts can lead to many different outcomes and how the world speaks about mental illness.
This conversation with Jake and Eric is truly raw, authentic, and vulnerable.
SportsEpreneur is the content platform where sports and entrepreneurship collide! It’s for the deep-rooted and not so average. If you are in or around the world of sports and are interested in A) being featured as a guest, or B) looking to collaborate on content, or C) looking to up your content game, hit us up!
RAV = Raw, Authentic, and Vulnerable. This podcast series hosted by Jake Newton is centered around mental health and specifically, mental health in sports.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content on Mental Health:
- AthMindset | Reggie Walker on the Game Within the Game
- Normalizing Mental Health in Sports with Lisa Bonta Sumii
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this AthMindset Podcast Series episode on SportsEpreneur titled, “RAV | Changing the Narrative Around Mental Health with Eric Kussin”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsEpreneur. The platform where sports and entrepreneurship and now mental health collide!