What’s the future of special teams in football? As Nate Oliver explains, if you take away special teams, you will take away jobs. We get into the importance of special teams and what it takes to be a special teams player — or as Nate calls it, a War Daddy. What is a special teams war daddy?!
After a weekend of games that saw many leg injuries (it seems like that’s every week now), we talk about defensive backs going low. Football is trying to eliminate head injuries and for good reason, but this is leading to a significant number of lower body injuries. We have to talk about it.
Topics for Buckeye Focused 5 | Special Teams War Daddy & DBs Going Low
- Greg Schiano
- Jeff Hafley
- Urban Meyer
- Mike Locksley
- Michigan @ Ohio State super early preview
- Leg injuries in football are significant
- The future of special teams in football
- Kevin Everett
- Shaun Lane | more than sports
- Rutgers vs Ohio State
- College Football needs more marquee games
- Ohio State | running the ball
- I don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
Enjoy today’s show featuring former Ohio State Buckeye, Nate Oliver (IG) and Eric Kasimov (Twitter).
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. Nate is the co-host of Buckeye Focused and brings years of football experience, stories, and a passion for football.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, a dynamic company managing a portfolio of brands and projects in the areas of content, podcasting, production, sports, mental health, insurance, and ventures.
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
If you are a current or former Ohio State Buckeye and want to be featured in an upcoming episode of Buckeye Focused: hit us up | Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or simply email us!
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State:
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 4 | Jimmie Bell: “I Got the Courage to Start Over”
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 3 | Iowa Football Racial Bias Scandal | Toledo Rockets, Diauntae Morrow, Speaks Truths on Time at Iowa
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 2 | Buckeyes Beat Irish! + The Silver Bullets and The Atmosphere with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 1| Notre Dame vs Ohio State Preview, Expectations of Jim Knowles’ Defense, and Twitter Warrior of the Week with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- SE50 | Nate Oliver | Ohio State Buckeyes and Life After Football
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- SE19 | Chimdi Chekwa | Ohio State Buckeye For Real
- ClutchTimeout | Thad Matta | Championship Culture Stories
- Sports Media Wants Your Clicks—Especially YOU, Buckeye Fans
- Sports Bring People Together
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Nate Oliver: Instagram | KBK Social Entrepreneurship Program
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this episode on SportsE+ titled, “BUCKEYE FOCUSED 5 | Special Teams War Daddy & DBs Going Low”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health collide!