Tattoogate at Ohio State was a mission to take down the Buckeye football program. And in the aftermath of 2011, it seemed possible. But as it turns out, the Buckeye program is widely considered to be one of the top college football programs in the entire country–and former players, including those in this episode, are a big part of that.
Tattoogate featured the Tattoo 5. It sounds like a band, but it’s filled with misinformation, media clickbait, and basically an attack on college football players and their head coach, Jim Tressel. We aren’t here to decipher all that went down (yet), but we are here to talk to one of the members of The Tattoo 5, Solomon Thomas — and hear stories on Tattoogate and more.
In this episode with Solomon Thomas, we discuss way more than the Tattoogate scandal. We talk homecoming, redshirting, Jim Tressel, NIL, transfer portal, the 2007 College Football National Championship in New Orleans vs LSU, and the 2011 Sugar Bowl vs Arkansas where Solomon Thomas had the game-clinching interception. And of course, we talk about Tattoogate. At the end of the conversation, we discuss Ohio State at Michigan State and re-cap the “fake punt” vs Rutgers, running the ball, heated coaches, blowout games, and protecting players.
More about Solomon Thomas: sports reference | game-clinching interception article on Cleveland.com | Sugar Bowl images (check out the 3rd image from the top!)
Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. Nate is the co-host of Buckeye Focused and brings years of football experience, stories, and a passion for football.
Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, a dynamic company managing a portfolio of brands and projects in the areas of content, podcasting, production, sports, mental health, insurance, and ventures.
In case you haven’t noticed, we love podcasts. In fact, we love building podcasts. Everything from development to production. Because of all that, we’re building a one-of-a-kind podcast network. If you have a podcast or are looking to launch a new podcast, then we should talk. You can message me on Twitter @eric_kaz or hit us up any way that works for you. Let’s talk about your podcast joining this one-of-a-kind podcast network.
Useful web pages from this episode:
More content related to Ohio State:
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 5 | Special Teams War Daddy & DBs Going Low
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 4 | Jimmie Bell: “I Got the Courage to Start Over”
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 3 | Iowa Football Racial Bias Scandal | Toledo Rockets, Diauntae Morrow, Speaks Truths on Time at Iowa
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 2 | Buckeyes Beat Irish! + The Silver Bullets and The Atmosphere with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- BUCKEYE FOCUSED 1 | Notre Dame vs Ohio State Preview, Expectations of Jim Knowles’ Defense, and Twitter Warrior of the Week with Buckeye, Nate Oliver
- SE50 | Nate Oliver | Ohio State Buckeyes and Life After Football
- SE26 | James Cotton | A Buckeye Transitioning in Sports, Life, and Business
- SE19 | Chimdi Chekwa | Ohio State Buckeye For Real
- ClutchTimeout | Thad Matta | Championship Culture Stories
- Sports Media Wants Your Clicks—Especially YOU, Buckeye Fans
- Sports Bring People Together
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this episode on SportsE+ titled, “Tattoogate + Transfer Portal, Coach Tressel ft. Solomon Thomas | Buckeye Focused 6”.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- Intro Music, “escape” was provided by Pluto Tracks.
- Check out more from our content platform: SportsE+. The platform where sports + entrepreneurship + podcasting + web3 + mental health collide!